Thursday 14 March 2013

Dear Diary: Tuesday 26-02-2013

Unknown  |  at   5:00 pm  |  No comments


Dear Diary: Tuesday 26-02-2013
I woke up early today. Performed my morning ritual. Waking up to a numbing headache is now a commonplace. I can’t wait to rid myself completely of this cough and catarrh. The catarrh is almost completely gone. The cough shows its presence lesser and lesser. Its just a matter of time. Amara is on one stupid mad rush again. If only she had any shame. I tried to tune their voice out, I dint achieve 100% success. I just remembered my paycheck, and I lit up. It’s the koko today. I showered quickly and left the house to the nearest access bank. I cashed the check and deposited it straight to my account. I went to work at my own time cuz my boss is out of town.

Mehn Im freaking hungry. I went straight to Shoprite from my bank. I bought porridge yam one of their latest dish. I've never tasted it before so I decided to try it. I bought a yoghourt drink too. Immediately I got to the office I hungrily ravaged the food. It was deeply filling but not deeply satisfying. It got too much salt or salty tasting sauce like it had too much seasoning cube. If that's the regular taste Im not tasting that shit again. I like to believe it was mistake today until I taste it again. I worked on my blog a little. It needs a lot of work though and is a luxury I cant afford at the moment. Chris is back in the office doing his thing. Ifeanyi is back as well. He went to cash his check. Chris has been dying to get a favourable response from Diamond bank on a training programe like yesterday. He called the bank and they gave him a shock therapy literally. They told him that any form of response favourable or not has been postponed for two weeks cuz the person in charge is on two weeks vacation. He is furious. His argument is why cant someone else take charge until she returns?!

Ifeanyi on the other hand has his own issues too. The management of his estate 1004 in Victoria Island cut power of their section of flats until they pay N200,000 levy. Dude doesnt have it at the moment. He is planning to take refuge at Festac town but the catch is, he owes someone in Festac. On top of that doctor told him this morning that his former driver who was sick whom he is helping with medical bills has HIV 1 & 2! Doctor said its well advanced and the sick man is not responding to treatment. He said the guy's wife just put to bed two months ago. The wife reached out to him for help in the first place, now he is going to break the bad news to wife. Ify was like he needs to hit the liquor store. Like his mouth needs a conjugal with a bottle of alomo. I tabled my own case about the folks squatting in my apartment and they were like dude they have to leave. Chris is point blank about it. He said Nigerians love to beg but this is not a begging situation, I just cant live that way. We all have our own shitty situation.

My uncle once said something that shocked me cuz of how true his words of wisdom was for me. He said people our family love to help people but they do it to a point that it really hurts us and we keep doing it. Why do I keep doing this? I keep pitying them but do they do same for me? Im not mocking their situation but they are compounding mine. Later Bisi called to say hi. I asked her to see me before she goes home which she did. I closed work early. Hung out with Doc for a while before going home. I had a heart-to-heart sob chat with Cleavie about a particular woman in her life. I felt so much her. I wish I can just eject her out of that situation. When I got home a little storm brewed.  I took my sweet and sweat time to scrap off all the repulsive candle wax these people used to reverse-beautify the aesthetics of my room. I mean I don’t understand how comfortable these guys are with making everywhere messy and ugly!

So I told them please you guys need to remove the wax one of you (which I don’t care) left in the bathroom cuz I took my time to remove wax you piled up on every surface in this house like stalagmite on a cave floor. Not that I said it like that but I wasn’t nice and cuddly about it. So Ibe went off like “Are you now a landlord? You shouldn’t have said it thy way you said it.” We exchange a few remarks but nothing major or damaging. I wasn’t really bugging. Amara was cautiously in the middle. I didn’t care, glad I have passed the message across. I wasn’t in a good mood either. I went out to let the message marinate. And when my bed called, I answered.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook