Friday 15 March 2013

Wednesday March 6 2013

Unknown  |  at   4:21 pm  |  No comments

Im up early. Did my ritual, showered and left for work. I got to the office very early, never been this early in a long time. For some reason I have been playing the song 'Titanium' by David Guetta ft Sia over and over today. I went to Radisson Blu Hotel to meet my boss for some stuff he needs me to do. Hunger is already working hard in my belly. I called him as soon as I reached the hotel and he said he will get back to me in a few minutes. Its so charming and assuring the way he said it but my ear tingled with disapproval. I know that expression very well. Its means wait for me for God-knows-how -long and I dont have such luxury of time. I have alot I wanna do.

I waited for roughly one hour and sent him a text that I was leaving. He said ok. Then he said I should come. A third text message came saying I can go. What manner of confusion is this?? Ok Im on my way back to the office. I went straight to The Place instead, I gotta eat mehn! Ifeanyi was in the office when I got back. Chris isnt back from Apapa yet, he went to collect the bill of laden for the car he shipped in. Shit, he's looking for money badly to clear the car. I feel for him. I sacrificed the food to gods of my stomach which they accepted whole heartedly. We didnt do much. Another day to deal with power issue in the office. Ugo came back with some refreshments from the SEC meeting. We helped ourselves.

I got home to a horrible sight. The lifestyle of the couple squatting with extended their notoriety to the extent of causing cockroach infestation in my room. Should I still call it ''my room'' cuz it now lacks traces of my pampered care. You hardly see a single cockroach before their arrival. Now we share every inch of the room with roaches. So when I entered the room, I saw uncountable number of dead bodies. Dead bodies of cockroaches I mean. Some are not dead yet, they still locked in spiritual battle with death. It was a serious roach massacre. You can call it roach genocide. I guess Ibe sprayed a massive amount of insecticide in the room. You can barely breathe in here.

I just took my bath and sat to one corner with less roach carcass. I ain’t touching anything. They will clear the mess by themselves, its so annoying. About ten minutes later Ibe walked in. He asked when I came in, I told him. Then he asked me, ''You saw the room like this when you came in?'' My mind retorted in a flash ''No I didnt see the room like this when I came in. The room was spick and span then I grabbed million dead bodies from the roach morgue and splashed it all over the room'' The question didnt make any sense to me. That's a horrible attempt at starting a conversation if that was his aim. The sight of him sweeping the carcasses was the oddest thing I’ve ever seen, he never lifts a finger to clean the room before. I just focused on my communion with my laptop only moving occasionally to give for him. Sleep came in due time and I heed the call.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook