Tuesday 14 May 2013

Youth Meeting Saturday April 20 2013

Unknown  |  at   2:10 am  |  No comments



Thank God for another day. I slept late last night, not so late actually. But the sleep was so sweet I didnt wake up early, probably because today is Saturday. No work today. Amara is travelling today, her lateness habit is at full power this morning. From the depths of my heart I find it deeply grossly annoying. Her case is past praying for. This is what Igbos call ''o biri na aja ocha''. It literally means it ends with the white sand, white sand representing grave. The phrase simply means whatever the person is referring to is ''INCURABLE!'' She can never change. God forbid I get used to that lifestyle.

The people she was supposed to go with have been waiting for her and she is yet to take her bath. She took her eventually and is running back and forth to dress up. I went into the bathroom just as I was about leave the room. She thought I was gone and almost went semi-nude trying to dress up. I vacated the room for two reasons, first its irritating seeing her go through her routine lateness last minute more haste less speed approach to preparing for an appointment. Second, to give her privacy. Primary reason is the first.

I have to be at the church 8:00am this morning for sanitation activities against service tomorrow. I just waited for her commotion to be over and the air of her commotion to clear out before I took my bath and headed to the church. She was supposed to cook stew but she didnt, so Ibe told me about it as I was leaving. The sanitation didnt hold, it had already been done yesterday. Boy am glad to hear it? I went to Caesar's place. His boss called him to come inspect a job in the office,  I went with him. It didnt take long like he assured me. We proceeded to their church for a youth meeting. The youth meeting was supposed to start by 10:00am. We got around 9:49am and no one was around he decided to go home get some breakfast and come back. I’m still fasting.

I went home with him for breakfast was some sort of torture. We got home he prepared corned flakes for two, apparently he forgot I was fasting. I politely reminded him. After breakfast we went back to the church Victory Inheritance Mission for the meeting. It was anything out of the ordinary. After the youth meeting light refreshments and food followed. I had to parcel my food to the car. Times was few minutes past one, my fast ends by 3:00pm. Caesar had an engagement to MC a couples’ event in church later in the evening, he was anxious to leave and get prepared for that event. He asked me to accompany him to Lagos mainland to buy an outfit for the event, what do I have to lose? Off we go.

At Ikate roundabout we saw an accident that just happened, one person was still struggling to crawl out of the bus. We stopped and rushed over to help. It wasnt a fatal accident but almost everybody had one minor injury or the other except one guy. He had a really nasty deep cut on his left shin. We tried to make everybody fill a bit comfortable in their pain. We left as an ambulance approached. The ambulance passed the scene of the accident and parked a little distance away. Now we dont know if the ambulance came for the accident victims or was it going somewhere else?

At Lekki roundabout there was much traffic, at this point we turned back. Cuz there's no way we can make it back on time for the event with such traffic. He bought a pair of trousers and a shirt at Igbo Efon instead. He called one tailor who’s really good at amending clothes who had been elusive to me for quite some time now to amend the new wears he bought. I took that opportunity and rushed home, packed all the clothes that I need to amend. It is still not 3:00pm so my stomach bites. The tailor did a fairly neat job for a tailor of his nature. I went home and finally ate. It felt really good. I stayed indoors throughout the rest of the day.

Ibe wasn’t around. When he came back in the night, he cooked the stew.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook