Tuesday 18 June 2013

Beloveth, Being A Church Worker Is A Worthy Cause

Unknown  |  at   4:44 am  |  No comments

Beloveth, Being A Church Worker Is Worthy Cause
Sunday June 09 2013
I think I remember shutting up my two phones as the 5:00am alarms went off like most of you do. Those irritating noise, they shouldn't just test me now for their own good. The next time I looked at the clock it was 6:20am! What?! I'm supposed to be in church by 6:55am for church workers meeting! How could I have overslept on a day like this? We all know the answer to that irrelevant rhetoric. I hurried like I've never hurried before. My nickname today should be Flash. I made it to church before 7:00am. What a relief. We had a church workers meeting before the service proper. Today was a thanksgiving service. It was wonderful

Finally The Redeem Christian Church Of God Light Of The World Parish has posted us the new church workers to different departments. I was posted to the Ushering and Sanitation Department as my Primary and Secondary departments respectively. We are yet to be officially presented to the congregation as church workers. I had wanted to be in the technical but it’s all good. I have no problem with the departments I found myself except I'm not much of a suit and tie person. As a matter of fact I have only one suit and a couple of ties. Lara was like I'm tall, handsome and suitably qualified for the ushering department. She was posted to the Technical and Evangelism Departments. I went home.

I slept first. I slept off in the middle of writing this entry. It would've been creepily nice if I continued in my dreams. A knock on the door ended my sleep. It was Deborah, another church worker. She came for the package she put in my fridge last night. I grabbed my laptop to surf the web and check my mails. I wanted to prepare sometime but once I get glued to the web and its informative as it's usually is, every other emotions is overrode. I was still online when Caesar came over.

This is the second time he has come to my place after my roomies started sleeping somewhere else. He never showed up when they were around. He was quick to point out the greasy look my room aesthetic wore as opposed to the shiny, fresh and clean look it was before the arrival of my roomies. We spent some time at my place then hit the spar to pick a few things. I picked an Adidas deodorant. He picked some drinks. I drove on our way back but we switched again when we got to the flooded road. I don't know where the potholes are so I don't want us to get stuck. The gist flowed nonstop till we got to his place.

Blessing prepared a hot meal for us. It was semo and ogbono soup. Blessing is a church worker in her church. I'm not friendly with ogbono soup. I haven't eaten it outside my house before. Well my stomach took the decision against all my protest. Should I say my protest fell on deaf stomach or empty stomach? The ogbono soup had a little bitter leaf in it hence the bitter taste. I finished and thanked them. Caesar gave a wheat wafer, sorta like baked cornflakes. I went home to warm my bed.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook