Friday 21 June 2013

Fumigation Didn't Get Rid Of The Nigerian Mosquitoes, What Next?

Unknown  |  at   3:25 pm  |  No comments

Fumigation Didn't Get Rid Of The Nigerian Mosquitoes, What Next?
Tuesday June 11 2013
Today my boss comes back citeris paribus. What do I have planned out for today? Not much really, being a travel guide for MD is definitely not one of them. I’m gonna work from home until I get a call from my boss that he is coming back then and only then will I go to the office. That is provided there is power at home. I haven’t called Ifeanyi yet since he resigned, I need to speak with him. I did some small chores first as a result I read my open heaven late today. I prayed, downed a bowl of cereal.

Fumigation Didn't Get Rid Of The Nigerian Mosquitoes, What Next?
The fumigation didn't get rid of the mosquitoes. I have already started having the unwanted and unhealthy company of mosquitoes in my room that was fumigated recently. This is the fifth day after the room was fumigated! I've not even started reaping the health benefits of the fumigation.

I specifically asked the oga of the fumigation crew how long the fumigation will keep mosquitoes at bay and he said 3 MONTHS! I want to enjoy the benefits of the fumigation for at least one month! I know I had an ample exposure to the health hazard of the fume. These people just mix milky solution with toxic fumes strong enough to take down an elephant but weak enough to keep mosquitoes out for at least 5 days. It’s so annoying.

Is it that the Nigerian mosquitoes are insects of steel that can't be killed even with kryptonite or is it like I said the fumigation solution is just a ruse?

Next I calculatedly inserted myself intensely into the internet, the internet culture has it good and evil. There are so many things I want and need to research especially about blog SEO, if only the ripe and conducive condition is always at my disposal. I will explore or research till I drop! I stayed glued to the white screen till 12:33 pm when my boss called. Earlier Godwin his driver called to inquire if he will go to the airport today to pick MD. His move is dependent on MD’s call. The call is finally here. He instructed me to come with the driver so I can monitor his driving like his driver instructor.

I dressed up quickly and left the house. I passed the info to Godwin. He is to meet me at MD’s house. There was no fuel in the car so I drove to the filling station for fuel. I did that out of adventurous temptation to drive the car since I’m with the car keys and to eliminate waste of time when Godwin shows up. I bought more than half tank of fuel. I got breakfast from Spar, not one of those super healthy foods. Now I wait for Godwin.

He called complaining of heavy downpour in his area. Meanwhile the sun was happily and diligently doing its job in the Lekki area. I ate my delicious breakfast in the car once I got to MD’s house. Gradually the weather changed and the journeying rain reached the corridors and doors of Lekki. It rained for a while. Trust Lekki, flood is up already in some areas. Godwin is still nowhere to be found. My boss landed in Lagos but had to take a cab when I told him the situation.

He got home after about an hour or so. We talked about this and that. Then I asked him to reimburse me for the fuel I bought. He was like how? Who drove since Godwin didn’t show up? He has never believed I can drive. I don’t want him to believe either, it’s perfectly fine by me. I don’t want to turn to his substitute driver. He was so surprised. If only Godwin showed up this awkward moment would’ve been avoided smoothly.

My mind was preoccupied with some thoughts as I left MD’s house. I walked down the road towards the bus stop. A girl probably in her late twenties was coming in the opposite direction. The unladylike way she was walking caught my attention. She was just bouncing like some irregular guys would. Noticing I was looking at her, she locked her eyes to mine. In that moment we were about to walk past each other she said; “In the name of God come.” I was like “huh?” I didn’t quite hear the last word I think it was “come.” Are you kidding me?! I kept going wearing a stern unfriendly look without looking at her again. She starts following me behind and goes on;

“Answer me na. Answer me na! Na so una go dey suffer for Lagos. Stupid people!”

With that she turned back and continued heading the opposite direction. What in the world just happened? As I continued to walk towards the bus stop I wondered what onlookers or passersby who witnessed this think transpired now. This was the last thing I expected today. I’ve heard stories where a few men got into trouble for innocently and unknowingly helping out heartless prostitutes who turn around to claim the men slept with them and refused to pay. For the average eyewitness on the street, it’s pretty difficult to tell the truth. Thank God for the way it turned out. I took a bus home.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook