Wednesday 3 July 2013

Learn To Selflessly Do Generous Acts Anonymously

Unknown  |  at   4:41 pm  |  No comments

I did a generous thing today anonymously. I didn’t plan it though. A lady didn’t have complete bus fare and the danfo bus conductor was threatening fire and brimstone. The lady continued to plead that all she had was the amount in her hand. Whether it’s true or not, I don’t know and don’t judge. I just discreetly gave the danfo bus conductor more than the amount that completes her fare. The bus conductor now collected the rest from her as if he has decided to pity the lady. The lady thanked him profusely and I just watched. The danfo bus conductor never said a word about what really happened. I didn’t say any either. For a split second I felt not appreciated. Then my conscience tugged at my emotions and reminded me;

“Was it not you that want to help people anonymously? Well this is exactly what happens so better get used to it!”

This is the first time I had actually seen how such situation play out atimes. I pulled myself together and I was filled with greater joy. Doing generous acts anonymously is something that can be learnt.



Anonymity Idea Formation Years
As a kid back then in the eastern part of Nigeria, I often hear about donations to orphanages and destitute homes over the BCA Radio. It goes like this; N5,000 to Ahiaeke Motherless Babies Home by Chief So-and-so, N7,000 to Uzuakoli Leprosy Center by Engineer So-and-so, N5,000 to Ahiaeke Motherless Babies Home by Anonymous, etc. The radio broadcasts these donations frequently may be to motivate others to donate too. What usually happens is that when there’s a new set of donations, you may not hear the previous names that donated. But every time you’ll hear Anonymous. Then I will be like this MR. ANONYMOUS must be a very kind and generous rich man for him to donate all the time. I wished to meet Mr. Anonymous. I wished I was rich like him so I can donate regular like him too. I was certain Anonymous was a man and not a woman, the kids mind works in a marvelous way.

True Understanding Of The Word Anonymous
As I got older, my illusion of Mr. Anonymous was shattered. I learnt the meaning of the word. I learnt Anonymous is not a human being or rather it’s a human being that doesn’t want his/her identity disclosed. Frankly, I wasn’t disappointed rather it fascinated me. From then I became a strong advocate such generous works anonymously. Most times it’s impossible to carry out generous acts anonymously.

Why People Do Generous Acts
People do generous acts or good deeds for various reasons. Most times people do it for what they stand to gain, to politicize, attention-seeking, or based on some other conditionality. The best form of giving is giving anonymously. It signifies an act performed selflessly. For sake of doubt you can keep evidence of the act. The God who gave you the heart and resource knows what you did and will reward you abundantly!

The bible said in Matthew 6:3 (NIV) “But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”

True Implication Of Doing Generous Acts Anonymously
It takes great selflessness and humble heart to donate anonymously. Ultimately it takes the fear of God to give alms help anonymously. Or some people just want private life private. It also shows you did solely it for the benefit of the cause and not for unnecessary attention-seeking, politicizing, or other forms of personal gratification. One can still enjoy the feel good factor of giving. Either way it is the best form of giving and should be emulated by everybody. Only disclose when you absolutely need to disclose your identity.

Note I'm only advocating going generous act or good deeds anonymously. So it doesn't cover doing something bad or evil anonymously.

May God Bless The Anonymous Works Of Thy Hand!

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook